Prescribing Information Highlights
Please see full Prescribing Information for complete details on product information.
Sklice Lotion Dosage and Administration1
- For topical use only. Not for oral, ophthalmic or intravaginal use.
- Apply Sklice Lotion to dry hair in an amount sufficient (up to 1 tube) to thoroughly coat the hair and scalp.
- After 10 minutes, rinse off with water.
- The tube is intended for single use. Discard any unused portion.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
Sklice Lotion Dosage Forms and Strengths1
Topical Lotion: 0.5%
Sklice Lotion Contraindications1
Sklice Lotion Warnings and Precautions1
Accidental ingestion in pediatric patients may occur. Administer only under direct adult supervision.
Most common adverse reactions (incidence <1%) are conjunctivitis, ocular hyperemia, eye irritation, dandruff, dry skin, and skin burning sensation.
To report SUSPECTED ADVERSE REACTIONS, contact Sanofi Pasteur Inc. at 1-800-835-3592 or FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or www.fda.gov/medwatch.
See Section 17 of the Prescribing Information for PATIENT COUNSELING INFORMATION and FDA-approved patient labeling.
Sklice Lotion is a pediculicide indicated for the topical treatment of head lice infestations in patients 6 months of age and older.
Sklice Lotion should be used in the context of an overall lice management program:
- Wash (in hot water) or dry-clean all recently worn clothing, hats, used bedding and towels.
- Wash personal care items such as combs, brushes and hair clips in hot water.
A fine tooth comb or special nit comb may be used to remove dead lice and nits.
Important Safety Information For Sklice Lotion:
In order to prevent accidental ingestion, Sklice Lotion should only be administered to pediatric patients under the direct supervision of an adult.
The most common adverse reactions (incidence <1%) were conjunctivitis, ocular hyperemia, eye irritation, dandruff, dry skin, and skin burning sensation.
Before administering Sklice Lotion, please see the full Prescribing Information.
Sklice Lotion [Prescribing Information]. Swiftwater, PA: Sanofi Pasteur Inc.; 2012.