Sklice Lotion is a prescription medication for topical use on the hair and scalp only, used to treat head lice in people 6 months of age and older.
Sklice Lotion should be used in the context of an overall lice management program:
- Wash (in hot water) or dry-clean all recently worn clothing, hats, used bedding and towels.
- Wash personal care items such as combs, brushes and hair clips in hot water.
A fine tooth comb or special nit comb may be used to remove dead lice and nits.
Before using Sklice Lotion, tell your doctor if you or your child:
- have any skin conditions or sensitivities
- have any other medical conditions
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if Sklice Lotion can harm your unborn baby, or
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if Sklice Lotion passes into your breast milk.
Important Safety Information for Sklice Lotion:
To prevent accidental ingestion, adult supervision is required for pediatric application. Avoid contact with eyes.
The most common side effects from Sklice Lotion include eye redness or soreness, eye irritation, dandruff, dry skin, burning sensation of the skin.
Please see the full Prescribing Information for Sklice Lotion.
Talk with your doctor if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.